Time and again, Gerber manages to push the bar for innovation in the multi-tool category. The Evo is no exception. Based on their knife counterparts, the Evo exudes simple style and features all outboard components, meaning there is no need to open handles to access tools. Each component is locking, making these tools among the safest out there. When you do need the pliers, spring loaded handles reduce user fatigue during extended use.
- Overall Length: 15.2 cm
- Closed Length: 10 cm
- Weight: 291 g
- Sheath Material: Ballistic nylon
- Components: needle nose pliers, pinche style wire cutter, saw blade, cross driver, fine edge blade, scissors, small and medium flat drivers, bottle opener, can opener, serrated knife, lanyard
- Pliers Type: Needlenose
- Anodized aluminum handle
- Titanium nitride coated 440 stainless steel blade
- Thumb stud for easy one-hand opening
- needle nose pliers
- pincher style wire cutter
- saw blade
- cross driver
- fine edge blade
- scissors, small and medium flat drivers
- bottle opener
- can opener
- serrated knife
A very sturdy and versatile tool that always travels with me on assignments. Had a Leatherman. Had a SOG. Both of them are retired and donated to the scrap yard. Neither were as good as I feel that my Gerber gear is.
A++++ for that.
This was a great tool, I can still use some of the facilities for camping however as it has great sentimental value (due to the fact it was given to me by someone close who is no longer with us), I was devastated when the pliers broke on one side. I did not think this would happen with a Gerber tool. I thought they would have been built to last years.